I bought the Cuisinart 4-Slice to try making my own waffles. I really liked the complimentary waffles we were served in one of the local restaurants in our area. I made it a point to get some waffles every time I was in town.
This Cuisinart was an easy choice since it was really inexpensive compared to the competition. Some of the other waffle irons I saw were worth several hundred dollars. I didn’t think spending that much money for a kitchen appliance was practical.
The majority of the waffle maker reviews I read were favorable. They helped make up my mind about buying this thing. It’s been great so far.
Who is It Suited For?
The WAF-200 model Cuisinart waffle maker is a great entry level product. It’s great for people who are a little short on money. It’s one of the best affordable waffle makers in stores today. It’s simple to use and works as advertised. It has its downsides but you won’t get any deal breakers.
- REALLY AFFORDABLE PRICE: This is one of the cheaper Belgian waffle maker appliances I have ever owned. Not only is it easy on the budget, it also works as advertised. This Cuisinart isn’t like the usual cheap garbage that you throw away eventually. This one does a really good job.
- PERFECT SIZED WAFFLES: I know that everyone has different preferences when it comes to the size and consistency of their waffles. That being said, you should know that this Cuisinart waffle iron makes thick waffles – about 3 quarters of an inch thick. Expect the waffles to be 8 ½ inches wide. That’s already big enough for me and the kids.
- EASY TO USE: It’s really easy to operate my WAF-200 Cuisinart waffler. It warms up while I get the batter ready. I select the right browning setting before I then drop the batter. When it’s hot enough I just pour the batter in. After that the iron beeps when they’re done. I just love the simplicity of this countertop appliance.
- The dimensions of this waffle maker are as follows: 9.2″ x 5.6″ x 11.5″. It weighs 4.8 pounds.
- It features six browning settings. It makes 4 slices of Belgian style waffles.
- This unit also features adjustable temperature controls to create different types of Belgian waffles.
- The WAF-200 comes with a brushed stainless steel cover for added aesthetics.
I really like my WAF-200 waffle iron. I even bought another one and gave it to my bestfriend as a birthday gift. Now, even though it’s a great machine, I must be candid enough to admit that it does have one downside.
You should know that cleaning it up can be a bit laborious. There are too many nooks and cranies to clean up. The parts are fixed so there’s no way you can put it in a dishwasher, which means you really have to wash it by hand.
If you really want to keep its cooking surface squeaky clean then you have to be a bit thorough in your cleaning. Other than that my Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker is a really great appliance.