The Waffle Iron for Traditional Crispy Waffles
I have come to trust All-Clad Waffle Maker through the years. In fact I have owned several waffle irons made by this same manufacturer. The model 99012GT is the latest one in my collection and it is my current favorite.
I understand that some people may feel that this particular model is pricier than some waffle irons in stores; but All-Clads usually live up to the highest quality standards. Having said that, the model 99012GT is not as expensive as premiere models that you can find in stores today (which easily cost several hundred dollars).
Who is It Suited For?
I think the 99012GT All-Clad is best suited for people who need a waffle iron that works like a top of the line model but is more affordable. If you’re looking to upgrade your standard waffle maker then this one will be a cost efficient option. This model is also suited for people who prefer an appliance that is really durable.
All-Clad Classic Round Waffle Maker Highlights
- VERY EASY TO CLEAN: Cleaning small crannies and little tight indentations on kitchen appliances is a big pet peve of mine. I’m just glad that the All-Clad stainless model 99012GT isn’t as laborious to clean. All I need to do is to brush the cooking surface when the unit cools. This model also has an overflow for the excess batter so I don’t have to worry too much about cleaning any spillovers.
- DURABILITY TESTED: I have owned other All-Clad round waffle maker models and all of them have been quite sturdy. They are well built and very durable, which is why I trust this brand. I have owned this particular model for more than a year now and it has withstood frequent daily use. It still has to show some wear and tear and I expect that some time in the future.
- MAKES THIN AND CRUNCHY WAFFLES: The 99012GT model All-Clad waffle cooking appliance is designed to make waffles that are thinner than the traditional “Belgian” waffle. If you like this type of waffle then this All-Clad will be great for you. I know this can be a downside for some people (checkout my downsides below).
- This waffle iron has the following dimensions: 10″ x 7″ x 13.5″. It weighs only 3 pounds.
- All-Clad waffle maker has 6 browning settings.
- Features compact upright design. Comes with a lock on the lid. It also features alert sounds while cooking.
- All-Clad’s waffle maker features a die cast finish on stainless steel. LED indicator lights signal user when the unit is ready for cooking or when the waffles are already done.
This classic waffle maker is pretty good for the price. I feel I get a lot of value for my money. As stated above, this model makes the thinner waffle variant that’s usually crispy. If you’re looking for a waffle maker that makes the traditional “Belgian waffle” (the thicker fluffier kind) then you better look elsewhere. Other than that, the All-Clad Round Waffle Maker is perfect for making those crispy waffles. I expect this one to last me several years.