Black And Decker Waffle Baker Review
Black And Decker Waffle Baker$-$6890
- Versatile three-in-one appliance: waffle maker, grill, griddle
- Grids bake four waffles and reverse for top-and-bottom sandwich grilling
- Top folds back to create two 8-inch-square griddles for pancakes, eggs, etc.
- Variable heat control; nonstick cooking surfaces wipe clean
- Chrome housing and stay-cool black handles; stands upright for storage
Three in One Countertop Appliance for Tasty Breakfasts
I was kind of surprised to find a sandwich maker with the Black and Decker logo on it. I own several Black and Decker power tools and I never expected that they also made countertop appliances. Naturally, I was skeptical at first. It’s one thing to make quality power drills and another to make cooking appliances.
What changed my mind about it is the price. I decided to buy it since it’s really affordable. It’s one of the cheaper models. At least, I won’t regret buying it since it’s really cheap.
Who is It Suited For?
This sandwich grill slash waffle maker is perfect for people who love American-style waffles. It’s also a great option for people who are on a budget. The price alone should be enough to at least spark some curiosity. The other features like flipping 180 degrees to get a wider cooking surface are just added bonuses. It’s still a great quality product that’s built to last.
- MAKES GREAT TASTING AMERICAN STYLE WAFFLES: This Black and Decker isn’t only a great sandwich grill maker, it also makes my preferred type of waffles – American style. I have nothing against Belgian waffles. It’s just that I like my waffles thin and crunchy. I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference.
- EASY TO CLEAN: This waffle baker is definitely easy to clean. Even the negative waffle maker reviews agree. The waffles (or sandwiches) don’t stick to the cooking plates, which makes cleaning so much easier. This waffle baker also has channels where any grease can flow out; which reduces the mess that users can potentially make.
- DURABLE: This is the first Black and Decker waffle maker I have ever owned. This one is the most durable waffle iron I have ever owned. I’ve been using mine for almost seven years now. It still works like a charm to date.
- This 900 watt Black & Decker features canals on the heating plate so the grease flows to the corners and out to spouts.
- It has the following dimensions: 11.2” x 11.8” x 5”. It weighs 6.8 pounds. The griddles or cooking plates on this appliance measure 8 inches each. It is covered by a one-year warranty.
- This waffle iron makes four waffles or four pancakes at a time. Its temperature controls have the following settings: low, medium, and high.
- This three in one appliance functions as a waffle maker, grill, and griddle.
I think this Black and Decker is a really good cheap grill and waffle maker. It makes really good sandwiches and waffles. But it does have its issues. My biggest complaint is that it takes some time before it can properly brown waffles. It does a little better when making sandwiches.
I just wish it were a little faster. I can’t count on it to make me a quick waffle when I’m in a hurry. However, it still makes great tasting waffles and it’s the kind of countertop appliance you can rely on. I still think the Black And Decker Sandwich Grill and Waffle Baker is a great product for the money in spite of its small shortcomings.